DRCOG Way to Go Partnership
Transportation Solutions’ participation in the Denver Regional Council of Governments’ (DRCOG) Way to Go Partnership Program includes several specific strategies to reduce congestion and improve air quality within our service area, including:
- conducting employer surveys and subsequent analysis,
- development and deployment of marketing materials to help employers reduce single-occupant vehicle travel to their worksite,
- recruitment of new employer participants,
- execution of employer and community outreach events,
- promotion of annual “Try Transit” challenge campaigns,
- the organization and management of events such as employer lunch n’ learns and carpool matching events; and
- the promotion and facilitation of Bike to Work Day events and Go-Tober, Way to Go’s annual commuter challenge.
Annually, Transportation Solutions collects around 1,000 pledges from people who committed to switch to an alternative mode of transportation for at least eight commute trips, resulting in an annual VMT reduction of over 300,000 miles. Additionally, Transportation Solutions hosts an annual seminar, The Road Ahead, to honor transportation influencers in our city and to provide a platform for members of our community to learn, discuss, and contribute the transportation and mobility landscape locally and across the country.